2nd Annual Sidewalk Chalk Competition
Sidewalk Chalk Guidelines and Registration
The 2nd Annual Downtown Valdosta Sidewalk Chalk Competition!
The contest will be Saturday October 3, 2020 as part of the Georgia Cities Week Celebration!
10:00am - 10:30am: Artists check in on the historic courthouse lawn.
10:30am - 1:30pm: Artists and art groups will be creating their masterpieces.
Individuals are welcome and encouraged to come view the artists at work and vote for your favorite to win the People's Choice Award!
2:000pm: Awards Ceremony
Event Categories and Prizes: Prizes generously donated from our local Downtown Valdosta businesses & Valdosta Main Street
Overall Best of Show People's Choice Award - All age groups
1st & 2nd place awards in: 11 & under 12-14 15-18 19& up
No entry fee. Pre-registration is required. Please complete the registration form by October 18th. Limited number of registrations will be accepted. Registration deadline will be on Thursday, Oct 1st 5:00pm.
Artists should provide their own:
Chalk Design Knee pads Plastic Tarp (in case of rain shower) Sunscreen Grid/Pattern
Camera Water Mask (encouraged)
- Only non-oil based washable chalk may be in your design. No acrylic paints, liquid pastels, oil-based pastels, hard pastels, etc. will be allowed.
- Designs must not exceed beyond their designated square. Approximate size of square will be 4'x4'. If your design is not a square it must fit inside the 4'x4' square.
- Artist(s) may sign their work using chalk.
- All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages; No lewd, graphic violence, gore, nudity.
- No political messages, words or symbols intended as advertising or promoting culturally sensitive topics (as deemed by Valdosta Main Street office) may appear in the image or space provided.
- Digital photos will be taken, Valdosta Main Street reserves the right to use photographs for marketing, promotion and publicity purposes.
- Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary.
- Spaces will be assigned on first come first served basis.
- Official judging based on a 1-5 scale on first impression, creativity, originality, skill and use of color. Decision of the judges are final.
- Organizers are not responsible for damage or defacing of artwork.
All attempts will be made to hold the chalk art contest. In the event of inclement weather, please check the Valdosta Main Street Facebook page or website in case of cancellation.
For additional sidewalk chalk contest information contact:
Main Street by email at email@example.com